account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Display Port Alt Mode

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Display Port Alt Mode

Hello guys. 

Is XZ3 have Display Port Alt Mode support?

I want connect tv and monitor with adapter in picture below.

_20181018_180427.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Regular
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Display Port Alt Mode

Sony has disabled DP alt mode on all of its capable USB-C 3.1 devices! Slightly frowning Face

The missing link is the keyword "DisplayLink"! A "DisplayPort alternative mode" USB-C to HDMI cable would be cheaper and smaler, but this DisplayLink dongle does the job, too! :good:

"WAVLINK UG-3501H" (DisplayLink certified dl-3500 chipset)

After installing the app "DisplayLink Presenter") and a reboot for the Sony device, the picture was shown via HDMI.

I tested the this device with these smartphones:
1. Sony XZ1 (USB 3.1)
2. ZTE Axon 7 Mini (USB 2.0, like the XZ1 Compact)

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

i have question I bouth  a Sony xperia A2 ultra,  I want to conect it  to tv or proyector with usb or hdmi cables . My question is my phone has display por alternative mode.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I want to know if I can connect my sony xperia A2 ultra wiht tv o projector with usb or hmi. Does it has display Port alternative mode.