account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Disabling the protective case screen sensor?

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Disabling the protective case screen sensor?

Is the protective case sensor different from the proximity sensor (it appears to be) and how do I disable it. 

I am fed up with my phone waking up whilst being carried in rucksack and screen icons being activated by case cover... 

Is there a way to keep my screen off in standby, ? If not, then this is major design flaw. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Disabling the protective case screen sensor?

Not exactly sure what you mean that screen icons are activated while the phone is in the backpack. If there is no skin touching the screen, then nothing should be possible to be pressed.

There is an option in Settings --> Display --> Advanced --> Avoid unintended operation when screen is off. You should activate it and see if this helps with your problem.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Disabling the protective case screen sensor?

A Sony Style Cover touch has a little magnet in the front cover.

When you open the cover the screen wakes up.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't