account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Cannot type ok

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Cannot type ok

Hello, does the same happens to you: when i try Qt o type a message, the keyboard goes sometim W s crazy and adds space button plus random letters? I leaved those errors on purpose as this is how it looks like. 

Also if i go to service menu on Qt ouch screen check and try to point multiple times on lower right corner for ex a mple (not so low, next to L key) i get poits but i also get lin are s lines, like a swipe when i am just pushing a certain spot of the screen. 

All those weird errors abive are the proof of my problem.  Does it happens to anyone too? Do we have a fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot type ok

For me this looks like you're accidentially pressing on buttons you don't want to press. I don't think it's the autocorrect doing this stuff.

Please increase the keyboard size in Swiftkey settings and see if it helps. Focus on pressing only the buttons you want, make sure that your hand doesn't come in contact with the "Space" key.

If this doesn't improve the situation I suggest to try a different keyboard from the Play Store. If the same problem occurs it may well be an issue with the touchscreen of your phone.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Ty for your answer. But it.s definitely not me. I have the old xperia keyboard with ahich i git along perfectly on my old z2. I do nit know exactly the cause of this. I still hope that it.s the film protrctor i applied to my screen. Maybe someday i will take it off to see if i am right or wrong. As i mentioned, i checked on the service menu the touch screens. The fact that it makes sometimes straight lines when i am.just pressing in one point makes me think that there could be a problem

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

This is definitely not the normal behaviour and you should not simply accept it and wait for the warranty to expire!

Your course of action should be clear:

Remove the screen protector immediately and check if the touch sensor detects lines instead of point presses.

If the problem is gone, get a different screen protector.

If the problem persists you should ask for warranty repair/replacement!

Pioneer
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi @me323

Do you accidentaly have switched glove mode on?

Does it happen in safe mode too?

Are you wearing clothes or shoes that produce static electricity?

Does it happen when you touch the keyboard with really one finger only or with a styluspen?

Does it happen when you swipe instead of type?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

No gloves/glove mode. Etc. When i swipe it.s ok. I removed for 10 minutes the screen protector and the problem seem to have just dissappeared.😀 

I will test more.