account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cannot take photos while recording Video on Xperia XZ3

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Cannot take photos while recording Video on Xperia XZ3

When recording a video, I cannot take a photo ( or stills) while I am recording.   

I know past phones can, Xperia, Android, iPhones of all models can.  

Even in the guide it says you can,  

-Press camera icon while recording, it will take a photo the moment my touch finger is off the screen.  

Only problem is when recording,  there is no Camera icon.  I tried touching the screen in various spots of the screen while recording but it does not take any photos,  I tried pressing the camer shutter button, but all it does is stop recording...  

I'm trying to find a fix for this.   I'm disappointed, I only got the XZ3 for a month,  today I had an event with my family and wanted to take photos while recording to savor the moment, but the photo could not be taken, I wish I realize that earlier but I already assume every smartphone had that option.  In fact XZ3 supposedly does have that option, but sadly there was the issue, maybe just my phone or the XZ3, or the OS is the issue.  Either way, I want to find a fix soon.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: Cannot take photos while recording Video on Xperia XZ3

@Danny316 

Also, you might want to clear the app data 

settings > apps & notification > all apps > camera > storage > clear data > restart the phone > test it again 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@Danny316 

Open the camera app > video > start recording > press and hold power & volume up for 1sec > post the screenshot here 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Danny316 

Also, you might want to clear the app data 

settings > apps & notification > all apps > camera > storage > clear data > restart the phone > test it again 

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Your first suggestion is just taking a screenshot, not what I wanted, but reset the camera setting did work,  the camera icon now appears next to recording button on screen.  thanks

Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Danny316 

Indeed it was for a screenshot, just in case other users have the  same/similar issue, they can read and see it