account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Call (dialer) frequents getting cleared automatically daily

SOLVED
PCK
Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Call (dialer) frequents getting cleared automatically daily

From few days, my dailer frequents getting cleared automatically by the end of the day automatically daily.

I didn't change in settings too.

How to resolve this issue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Call (dialer) frequents getting cleared automatically daily

Hi again @PCK, sorry for the late reply.

Due to a change in Google's privacy policy, implemented on January 7, 2019, the favourites tab in the Phone app, and the shortcut menu, will consist of your favourite (star) marked contacts, together with frequently called contacts based on one day call history. This means that a previously frequent contact, but not within the latest day, will not be listed.

If you want to keep some of the contacts in this list, make sure to mark a contact as favourite, to guarantee that this contact is always displayed in the favourites tab and in the shortcut menu.

I hope that answers why it's cleared once per day and as the other devices that users are experiencing the same behaviour on are also Android devices, it's the same for them.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @PCK, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Do you remember if you installed a new application just prior to you starting to notice this? As there is no setting in the device that will clear the call history automatically, it can only be done manually.

A good place to start is to clear data for the Phone application and then you will have to monitor if the call log is cleared automatically or if it is working correctly the next morning. To clear data for the Phone application, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all xxx apps > Phone > Storage > Clear data > OK.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

PCK
Regular
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I don't remember of any application installed. But I have observed that my other android phone (logged in with same google account ) is also having the same problem from the same day.

So the problem is there across all my android devices. May be the problem is related to Google sync i guess

I came to know that many of the One plus users also facing the same issue after I googled about this

PCK
Regular
Message 4 of 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi again @PCK, sorry for the late reply.

Due to a change in Google's privacy policy, implemented on January 7, 2019, the favourites tab in the Phone app, and the shortcut menu, will consist of your favourite (star) marked contacts, together with frequently called contacts based on one day call history. This means that a previously frequent contact, but not within the latest day, will not be listed.

If you want to keep some of the contacts in this list, make sure to mark a contact as favourite, to guarantee that this contact is always displayed in the favourites tab and in the shortcut menu.

I hope that answers why it's cleared once per day and as the other devices that users are experiencing the same behaviour on are also Android devices, it's the same for them.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Can you please provide us the source of this information? will it work better with a third party App? 

Thank you ! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Azzaro123,

The source of the information is in an internal document, which I can't share, but it is official information, so you can trust me that it's the correct one.

For third party dialers, I'm not really sure if that is going to do anything different, as the pre-installed Phone application is not Google's own, it's our own. You can of course try and since it will reset every day, you'll notice if it worked or not in 24 hours (or less).

If you decide to try, let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face