account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bug in Android Pie 9

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Bug in Android Pie 9

Since I have installed Pie 9 on my xz3, it continuously shows a notification for one unread / new message when there are none. I have deleted my current messages, restarted my phone but it won't go away. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Re: Bug in Android Pie 9

Hi @Velvet_Boat ;

Have you tried delete Message app cache and data (not only cache but both) restart phone and try again?

11 REPLIES 11
Pioneer
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Strange....

What kind of messages. SMS, WhatsApp, Mail other notifications?

You ca start by taking a look at notifications in Settings.

Switch things on or off and see what happens.

You can go to settings of apps and have a look at notifications.

You might even consider to read a bit about notifications in the user guide which you can find either through the support app on your device or by clicking on Support at the bottom of this page.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

It's just the standard messaging app that comes with the phone. I've had an iPhone for the last 7 years so am still getting used to Android.

I have tried a few settings but will have a look at the notifications and see if that helps. Thanks! 

Pioneer
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hi @Velvet_Boat ;

Have you tried delete Message app cache and data (not only cache but both) restart phone and try again?

Learner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Thanks, we cleared the cache and the app data and then the notification would disappear before coming back. We found though that a conversation had been started with no actual message in it and once we deleted that, it cleared the notification.

So got it sorted. Thanks for your help 😊

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

On Pie i can't find option to see which contacts are stored in my phone memory and which are stored in the SIM card. I think it would be nice if  there is phone icon next to phone contacts and sim icon next to sim contacts.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi @Kockarche, welcome to our forum!

As far as I know, a contact can not only be saved on the SIM card, it will also need to be saved on the device, as you import the contacts from the SIM card to the device and if you don't do anything with them, they'll end up as phone contacts.

If you open up the Contacts application and tap on the three lines in the top right corner and scroll down a bit > tap on "Phone contacts", you will see contacts that are only stored on the device, and not saved to an account/cloud.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Contacts location info suggestion

Yes you are right. I just noticed the new SIM card export/import feature in Pie which is very practical and helpful when you change your SIM card and it would be better if i can see which contacts are in my SIM card, which are in Micro SD card or phone memory.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Re: Contacts location info suggestion

Hi again @Kockarche!

I agree, that is a great feature, however me personally, I still prefer just having all my contacts on my Google account as it makes it easier to have them all in the same place and you can access/edit them from a computer, a tablet or another smartphone and there is one less thing I have to worry about when switching to a new device, just add the Google account and they are all there!

The contacts will not really be saved on your SD card, as all you do when you export the contacts is to create a file with all the locally stored contacts, that you can save on the internal storage or an SD card and then you import the file > choose where you want the contacts to be stored. If you choose Phone contacts, they will be saved on the internal storage.

If you want to "transfer" all your current contacts to your Google account, you can find the instructions below on how to do that.

To back up contacts to a memory card (SD card)

1. Find and tap Contacts > the menu icon (three horizontal lines) > Settings > Export > to SD card or internal storage (.vcf file).
  2. Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) > SD card.
  3. Select a destination folder, then tap SAVE.

To import contacts from a memory card (SD card)

1. Find and tap Contacts > the menu icon (three horizontal lines) > Settings > Import > SD card or internal storage (.vcf file).
  2. Select where to store your contacts (your Google account).
  3. Tap the menu (three horizontal lines), then tap SD card.
  4. Select the files that you want to import by tapping them.

I hope that helps and have a great weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Pie issue

I don't know if this is a bug or removed feature but when i charge the phone in turned off mode nothing happens. No battery charging logo like in Oreo, just green notification light. I can't turn on the phone via power button. I have to unplug the cable and then i can start the phone. Also i noticed small camera bug when recording video in Full HD 60 fps and 120 fps mode - the hole screen gets lighter and darker (flickering) and has very small blue transparent lines and stripes  (there weren't such things in Oreo) noticing when mostly recording videos inside or at some darker place.