account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bring back Xperia keyboard

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Bring back Xperia keyboard

I found Xperia keyboard (in my Z3) is better than SwiftKey keyboard (in my XZ3) in term of predictive input for multiple languages. It noticed when I typed in Dutch, so it suggested Dutch words. And the suggested emoticon stayed after typing one word, giving us a chance to use both word and emoticon. But SwiftKey suggests only English for any languages. And the suggested emoticon disappeared after I typed the related word. Disappointing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Re: Bring back Xperia keyboard

@Abracadbra,

If you had a Z3 before you could try this, it worked for me on my XZ1C which also came with swiftkey and no Xperia keyboard option.

Go to your Google Play Store account - My Apps and Games - Library. When I did this all the Apps that I had on my Z3C but had not installed on my XZ1C where there with an option to install, and Xperia Keyboard was one of them.

I have now successfully installed it on my XZ1C and I'm very happy.

This may not work on your XZ3, and I suspect that the only reason it worked for me was because I did not transfer any Apps from my old phone to my new one.

14 REPLIES 14
Visitor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

The Xperia Keyboard is still available at settings->system->language & input. 

Regular
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Limited only for Chinese and Japanese. 

Visitor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

try settings->system->language & input->on-screen keyboard->+manage keyboards->activate xperia keyboard.
Pretty sure that's where you can turn it on because that worked for me.

Regular
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

I don't have it in XZ3. Only Xperia Japanese and Xperia Chinese 

Visitor
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

xperiakeyboard.jpgThat's where i found it.

Regular
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Screenshot_20181112-230806.png

Clear enough? 

Pioneer
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@Abracadabra

Try Google keyboard.

It even accepts (in my case) 3 languages and more or less automatically decides which language to use.

Swiping works perfect on it.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Regular
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm using it now even for some areas, Xperia keyboard is still the best. 

Commissioner
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@Abracadbra,

If you had a Z3 before you could try this, it worked for me on my XZ1C which also came with swiftkey and no Xperia keyboard option.

Go to your Google Play Store account - My Apps and Games - Library. When I did this all the Apps that I had on my Z3C but had not installed on my XZ1C where there with an option to install, and Xperia Keyboard was one of them.

I have now successfully installed it on my XZ1C and I'm very happy.

This may not work on your XZ3, and I suspect that the only reason it worked for me was because I did not transfer any Apps from my old phone to my new one.