account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth codec stuck on SBC

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 31
Message 11 of 31

Re: Bluetooth codec stuck on SBC

still no solution ...

Anybody in here with similiar problems? Or anybody in here having conncted successfully via SBC or LDAC?

FH6
One time poster
Message 12 of 31
Message 12 of 31

I've got similar issue on my XZ2, after update to Android Pie.

My wf-1000x headset always connects with SBC, there is no way to switch to AAC. 

Before the update, on Android Oreo it was working fine, was always using AAC. 

One time poster
Message 13 of 31
Message 13 of 31

After updating to Android Pie, I also faced a same problem on my XZ2C. My wf-1000x is always connected to the SBC. I've tried to solve like factory reset, developer option etc. But still no solution. Before updating, it worked well on Oreo.

So, I think Sony's Android Pie has serious problem about bluetooth codec.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 31
Message 14 of 31

OK so I bought my new XZ3 a couple of days ago. Today I tried to see if I have the same problem. Long story short, I didn't.

I paired my XZ3 and my WI-H700 through NFC and when I opened Sony's 'Headphones' app the connection was already set to LDAC. 'Best effort' LDAC to be particular. To double check this I also opened the Music app, went to audio settings and it also showed my connection was using LDAC. I also triple checked it by trying to change music profiles in the 'Headphones' app and it didn't let me. That also shows I was using LDAC. So I couldn't replicate the problem, sry man. My guess is that there is a software mishap between your particular Bluetooth headphone (!) and Android Pie. I believe an update can fix it. Be sure to submit a bug report straight to Sony cause I don't think they look at the forum. 

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 31
Message 15 of 31

How can I submit a bug report straight to Sony?

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 31
Message 16 of 31

Message 17 of 31
Message 17 of 31

I connected my MDR-EX750BT direct through Bluetooth and the notification tells me it is connected in LDAC, as this model isn't supported by the headphones app, I suspect that might be where the issue is.

Can your headphones connect direct to the xz3? Without the app?screenshot_20181017-180452.png

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 31
Message 18 of 31

yes, I tried both ways, no success

Commissioner
Message 19 of 31
Message 19 of 31

Why notification pane (shade) doesn't change to white with light themes?

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 31
Message 20 of 31

@Alessio_84 wrote:

Why notification pane (shade) doesn't change to white with light themes?

Wrong thread mate. Open a new topic.