account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery life bad.

Learner
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Battery life bad.

To be honest, i can literally watch the battery drain while surfing the net, taking Videos, taking pictures. No, im pretty sure its not a third-party app. Many reviews are claiming that the battery life is subpar for an 3300mah device. Is it some bug in the Pie Firmware? Will it be fixed anyhow or do I have to look for another device then? 

13 REPLIES 13
Learner
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Battery life bad.

I am not experiencing this at all.

Easily get 04:30 hours SOT and on a normal workday I end the day with something like 15% left.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

No. I can´t confirm that.

you should precise that claim.

It´s a question of use screen brightness mobile network conditions and so on.

Kind regards

Learner
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I am talking about being a whole day at home with maxed out WiFi and 4g. To be fair, i disabled adaptive brightness now and it got a lot better. Seems its bugged in Android 9. But still, iam coming from an xz Premium with 4k mod and had a feeling it was way better. And it was. Not sure now, have to take some more Tests now. 

Learner
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I had an XZ2 and battery life was great on that sometimes 6hrs plus screen on, the XZ 3 though is much closer to 4hrs max for me. 

But yesterday less than 2hrs and I needed to charge twice to get through the day. Dunno why it was so bad. Hoping that some updates sort it out. Literally so far the worst phone I've had for battery life. Seems very inconsistent.. 

Learner
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Could you also try to disable adaptive brightness and see if it helps?

Learner
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

For sure I'll give it a go...

Learner
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Same issue here.

I could (if carefull) get 2 days of use out of my XZ2 before having to charge it.

Since the pie update something has happend.

I left home this morning with 100% and have made one 10min call and send a few texts and check my e-mail am now down to 79%. that's in less than 2hours. 

I was surpirsed at how good the batterylife was when I first bought the phone. 

With lowest brightness I could easily watch 6 hours of netflix on max res and have battery left 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Maybe some apps drain your battery. 

Learner
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

My battery life definitely seems better since switching auto ambient display off as suggested above, could be something in this. I presume as updates to pie come out battery life should get better, fingers crossed...