account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Audio via earphones cuts out usb not supported

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Audio via earphones cuts out usb not supported

Use of provided audio cable intermittent and if working no movement can be made otherwise it cuts out. 

Bought a non Sony audio cable connect and no connection at all 

Message states no connectivity or not supported

Phone zx3 only 6months old

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Audio via earphones cuts out usb not supported

@MartinMc 

if possible you should stop by a Sony store to test another Sony cable, or buy a new Sony adapter or contact your Local Support to get it inspected. 

Just wondering, have you restarted the phone? exposed it to water ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Ohh thankyou for your reply... No water at all restarting tons of times... Need to get to town to a store... Must actually find one but I'm outside London so should be 1 there. 

Can't help thinking "see this is why an audio jack is needed"

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @MartinMc, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Are you able to charge the device just fine, or do you have to adjust the cable when charging the device as well? I just want to make sure that the USB port is working correctly and it's the adapter that is defect.

If you have a friend, family member or colleague that also have an Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Compact or Xperia XZ3 where the adapter is included, you can ask them if you can borrow it and test it in your device or visit the store where you bought it as they may have some extras at hand.

Should everything work fine with a new adapter and it's the adapter that is defect, get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with having the adapter sent in.

Keep us posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi Jonas... Charges fine wife's older Sony... (With earphone jack) works

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Sorry cut off... Her charger works fine no need to jiggle its purely earphones... 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi again @MartinMc and thank you for the update!

It does really sound like the adapter is defect and needs to be replaced.

You can as I mentioned in my other post try with another one if you have a friend, colleague or family member with an Xperia devices that comes with the adapter, otherwise it needs to sent in to be replaced. The Local support team in your market will assist you further with having it sent in, so please get in touch with them.

Feel free to keep us posted and have a nice weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.