account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

difficulties connecting to car stereo via Bluetooth on my Xperia XZ2

Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

difficulties connecting to car stereo via Bluetooth on my Xperia XZ2

Hey guys. My bluetooth on my phone connects fine to my car stereo. But the issue I’m having is there is no volume coming through speakers when I try to play my songs on Spotify. Bluetooth connects fine, but sometimes says connection failed. Calls work fine when using the Bluetooth connection. Anyone else having this issue with the Xperia XZ2?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: difficulties connecting to car stereo via Bluetooth on my Xperia XZ2

@Dannymann20 have you tried playing any music thru anything other than Spotify.....wondering if it is perhaps app related 🤔

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I haven’t, no. I will try that next time.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Update: tried playing media through the apps Youtube and Snapchat, and still nothing being heard from Bluetooth. So I guesss it’s a Sony Software Update that can possibly fix this?

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Just wanted to add that the same thing is happening to me. I got my phone just yesterday and this morning I tried to hook my Spotify up via bluetooth in my car. It connected fine, but no audio is coming out of either the phone or my car speakers. I've done all the typical things (repair, restart, etc) but nothing made a difference. 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Could be as well be a matter of your car's bluetooth module - can you select Bluetooth as Audio Source somewhere?

A working BT phone connection does not imply that BT audio stream is recognized as well (even when coming from the very same device); unfortunately that is nothing to be fixed by Sony XZ2....

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I have some problems with my phone, I can listen to music via Bluetooth on the car stereo but the name of the song does not appear, besides if I receive a call while the Bluetooth is connected to a device, the Bluetooth is deactivated and I have to restart the phone to re-activate .. sometimes in the camera I see an error and I also have to restart the phone to work again