account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

cannot download system update on xz2 compact

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

cannot download system update on xz2 compact

Hello people,

All previous software updates crashed; app stopped working/this program or app stopped it said.

New update is out according to update center, still the same problem though.

Rebooted phone already, didn't work out.

Any suggestions?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: cannot download system update on xz2 compact

Hi @Martin,

Thanks for your advice!

I've tried clearing data like you suggested, it didn't solve the problem though.

A day or 2 after your reply, I received another suggestion by mail from Sony support Netherlands.

They suggested to download and install the update by using XPeria Companion. They also mentioned the repair-option if this shouldn't work.

Downloading the update did work with Xperia Companion. Installing the update however did not. I restarted the phone, hoping this would solve the issue.

This didn't work either.

Two attempts later I decided to turn my phone completely off and on.

Suprisingly  (and luckily), this appeared to be the trick.

Hoping this problem will be solved for the future.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Rauwema, I am sorry to hear about this,

Have you tried clearing data for the application that handles software updates? In order to do this,Find and tap Settings > Apps and Notifications > See all apps > Tap the three dots in the top right corner > Tap "Show system" > Software update > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone. This will reset the application settings and data which might do the trick.

If this measure do not manage to make the phone download the software update I suggest that you try to repair the software in your phone using a computer and Xperia Companion. Keep in mind though that  a software repair will erase all user data on the phone, so make sure to do a backup of your data before proceeding with the repair.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Martin,

Thanks for your advice!

I've tried clearing data like you suggested, it didn't solve the problem though.

A day or 2 after your reply, I received another suggestion by mail from Sony support Netherlands.

They suggested to download and install the update by using XPeria Companion. They also mentioned the repair-option if this shouldn't work.

Downloading the update did work with Xperia Companion. Installing the update however did not. I restarted the phone, hoping this would solve the issue.

This didn't work either.

Two attempts later I decided to turn my phone completely off and on.

Suprisingly  (and luckily), this appeared to be the trick.

Hoping this problem will be solved for the future.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you @Rauwema for your reply!

I am glad to hear that you managed to sort it out in the end, even if the method of getting there sounds a bit unusual.

Feel free to return if you experience anything similar in the future or if you have any further questions! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.