account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia xz2 on vodafone calls cutting off

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia xz2 on vodafone calls cutting off

Can anyone help if they know of a problem with xz2 cutting of mid call almost all of the time and of a fix for it? 

4 REPLIES 4
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia xz2 on vodafone calls cutting off

Hi Matt

I have the same issue I'm on EE. Does it cut out randomly during a call even if you have signal other person cannot hear you, then at some stage suddenly they can hear again? 

Unfortunately I had this problem with xz premium having around 4 replacements, and all had same issue to differing amounts. Here's the post but unfortunately Sony have not replied as yet https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/XZP-anyone-else-have-mic-cut-out-clicking-issues-XZ...

I received my xz2 on pre order, same issue and am on my replacement also with the same issue just over a week old! Very frustrating isn't it. 

I recommend going for a replacement with your provider as I will be again, but not sure how many I will do before giving up on this handset also. 

Such a shame because the rest of the xz2 is great! It's a joke that a £700 phone can't even make calls properly in 2018 when a cheap £15 phone doesn't cut out during calls.

Sony if your reading this  please address this serious issue! This bug has plagued the xz premium, and seems to be same with xz2, currently on my second handset which I will be returning shortly. 

Ant

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

To Sony support staff

Please can you reply to this post to confirm if this is a software issue or hardware issue as every xz premium I had had this issue and gave up with that model in the end as you can see, and already on my second xz2 with same issue!

I need to know if I need to return it if it can't be fixed or wait for it to be resolved with a software update.  Although I am not hopeful about it being fixed with a software update as I couldn't find a xz premium without this issue.

Has anyone else had this issue with their xz2? The person on the other end mentions it suddenly cuts out or they hear clicking first. Very frustrating!

Ant

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

My XZ2 dual auto rejects calls by itself, both Sims on Vodafone 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Same issue here on xz2 vodafone Romania