account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XZ2 update 52.0.A.8.107 camera app SD card error

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia XZ2 update 52.0.A.8.107 camera app SD card error

I haven an Xperia XZ2 and just installed the 52.0.A.8.107 update yesterday.
Since the update the default camera app exits with the error box
  Memory error
    SD card unavailable
I have the app "data storage" setting set to "internal storage"

Other apps can access the SD card.  So I need to either unmount the SD card or not have it present (remove it) for the camera app to work (but then I don't have access to all my data (pics and music) on the sd card).

Anyone else seeing this issue or know how to fix it?

The Camera app is version 2.2.A.1.7 and it has Storage permission.

Before the update the camera app was set to write to the SD card directly and was doing so without issue for months. I thought changing the data storage setting (back to internal) would resolve the issue but it didn't.

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia XZ2 update 52.0.A.8.107 camera app SD card error

I also have the same problem. Could you please suggest me how to solve the problem?

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yeah, I have the same problem on both my XZ Premium and XA2. It happened after a major firmware update. It happened to my XZ Premium earlier because it has faster firmware updates. The problem happens if the camera app has not been opened for a while and it happens with both internal memory (though less often) or SD card (almost every time).

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

The same problem as you. 

I've been reported this problem several months ago and still have no solution about that.

Thats a really anoonying problem.

please check here 

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Yeah, I found those older threads and most of them talk about SD card speed/compatibility issues, but the problem exists also for internal memory though less often. It looks like a time out error since it always happens while waiting for the gallery preview to appear. Anyway my workaround is to just use another camera app...