account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ2 security patches

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia XZ2 security patches

I am considering to purchase an XZ2 in the coming weeks and would like to know how long the phone will be supplied with security patches?

Thx

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia XZ2 security patches

@Yerz92 

I'm sorry but no one can answer that question.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Bro.., I am so glad to say this 🔐 security patch are so accurate and easy to install. I have got February /2019  on 14th of this  month.. Updates are fine... No worries.... But if u are staying in abroad u can go for xperia 1 or xz3... If you are living in India 🇮🇳 xz2 is fine

Regular
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Till now I got every single security update with out missing. Since August 2018

Pioneer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

My experience is that software patches go to 2 years after the official release date.

This is not confirmed anywhere as far as I know.

Best recource is xperiablog.net

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't