account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ2 Volumebuttons

Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Xperia XZ2 Volumebuttons

Hello everybody,

I'm loving my Xperia XZ2, but i came across a litte problem with the volumebuttons and i wanted to know if anybody experienced the same thing. So the problem is that if i shake my device the volumebuttons sound a bit loose, to be precise it sounds like a litte piece inside is shaking. I don't think its much of an issue, but a litte bit annoying. Does anybody experienced something similar?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Xperia XZ2 Volumebuttons

@Fredholf I would think they would have to 'rock' a little so to speak, my advice for peace of mind would be to visit a retailer who has the XZ2 & discreetly give the display model a little shake to see if it is the same....😁

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Had the same but on XZ2 Compact. Send to local support by xperia care. They said to me that this is in the given tolerance by Sony and will be not repaired. when i got the phone back i went to the shop and showed it to them. they exchanged it immediately!

so whats going on Sony with you? Is this your quality? the phone is not 200€ but around 800€. 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Oh yeah itΒ΄s true. 

This is very interesting...

Adviser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I'm still waiting for the store to respond. power buttons and cameras were dangling. he was surprised such a sad Assembly.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I have to send it to the support team as well. Never happend with a Sony device before, this is very sad, 800 euro and after one month i need to send it to get fixed already 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

pointless. at least in germany they will not repair this. depends how dramatic it is i would say.

but maybe in your country they will do it.

i was after "repair" still in the 14 days period. i brought the last day back to the store and got a different one.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

The thing is that i bought it at the xperia online store, so i have nowhere else to go....  Never do this again πŸ˜…

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

if you are in the 14 days period you can simply return it and buy a new one somewhere else if they want only you to send to repair it. the only thing is that you are maybe losing you preregistartion goodie. but i do not care about this. i want a perfect working phone. this was the reason why have not accepted samsungs s9 build quality. light was leaking through the borders of the display and samsung said that this is normal. in my opinion this is not normal. it was annoying. thats all. they want so much money for these devices nowadays, so they should also deliver quality.