account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

Emperor
Message 31 of 35
Message 31 of 35

Re: Bottom speaker has sizzling sound.xz2

@Gallie1

did you exposed the phone to water? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 32 of 35
Message 32 of 35

Re: XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

I've just found other cause.

The speakers broken after turning on and then off flight mode. 

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 35
Message 33 of 35

Re: XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

Having had the first device for over a month and experiencing the distorted/crackling bottom speaker I can confirm the problem disappeared after one of the following steps but I'm not sure which one it was:

- Final update to latest Android version and restart

- Removal and re-insertion of the sim card tray

So either it was a software issue fixed by the latest update or there is something weird with these devices where the sim card tray disrupts the connections to the speakers?

Xperia Support UK of course denies there have been any reports of issues with the speakers on the XZ2. Yet the number of posts on this forum would suggest otherwise.

Regular
Message 34 of 35
Message 34 of 35

Speaker Problem XZ2

I just received My XZ2 , after updated firmware and got it all set up.  The phone was amazing , until the bottom speaker distortion.  i don't know why the sound become poor .  I did a factory reset and everything become Good, but after hours the problem came back again. 

It's absolutly a software problem. Please Sony Fix that Soon !

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 35 of 35
Message 35 of 35

Re: Speaker Problem XZ2

I experince the same problem with the bottom speaker, but during any of any test, the bottom speaker sound bad anly for about 2 seconds, and after that is dead, nothing is hearing from it...

It is so weird... because even during the service test is the same... sound distorsing for a few sec, and after that, nothing!