account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ2 Bottom speaker has distorting/sizzling sound after updating the last patch.

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

XZ2 Bottom speaker has distorting/sizzling sound after updating the last patch.

Today I just noticed that my phone #XZ2 has something wrong about bottom speaker. It has distorting/sizzling sound when it's noticing/ringing. I've never found this issue on device until updating lastest security patch. I don't know what to do about my phone at this moment because I want to make sure that speaker issue is related to software or speaker device.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: XZ2 Bottom speaker has distorting/sizzling sound after updating the last patch.

@Takeruz 

Do you experience this while playing music, videos, or just notifications?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: XZ2 Bottom speaker has distorting/sizzling sound after updating the last patch.

After I noticed that notification sound has something wrong, I tried to test the music/video or everything about speaker. In conclusion, this problem is happening on all of it.

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Takeruz 

you could repair/re-install the latest update with Xperia Companion to help narrow down the issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks a lot, uliwooly, I will try your solution on PC companion and tell you the result in this topic later. Thumbs up