account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wireless charger doesn't stop charging

Adept
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Wireless charger doesn't stop charging

I noticed that unlike other wireless charging phone, the XZ2 doesn't seems to be able to inform the wireless charger that it has been fully charged. Based on my experience, my wireless charger will stop charging as per the indicator led once the phone has been fully charged to 💯%

However after having try the XZ2 with various none Sony charger ie. Samsung, Baseus, Qi generic etc, it was noted that the wireless charger will not auto stop as with other phones like my Samsungs, Nexus, Huawei etc. Anyone knows why? Thks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wireless charger doesn't stop charging

Well, using both xz2 premium and xz3 on my Samsung QI charger, and the one built into my monitor, they do indeed stop charging when full.

On the Samsung charger, once full the led turns green which is the indicator for full.

What happens with yours?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

On my Samsung wireless, 1st Gen (not fast charge) the LED will off once phone is fully charge. This is still the case with my other phones. However, in respect to the Sony XZ2, its LED will be continuous on even 1 hour after reaching 💯% (didn't try longer than that to avoid damaging the phone)

The same also happens with my Baseus wireless fast charger (most current version), when used with my XZ2. Am contemplating a new wireless which will not over charged the phone since the battery care also screwy 🤦

Am thinking about the Sony WCH20 but didn't want to splash the $$$ and regret later 😅

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Ok, so I've tested a few, 

Indeed the led does stay on, and that should mean QI is still sending power, but.. on the phones, they register as charged and ampere readings indicate that indeed no charging is occuring.

I believe this is due to Sony using different charging techs such as Qnovo adaptive and battery care+

Maybe these techs won't work as well if the charger controlled the charging and not the device?

But looking at the results, the devices do not over charge.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for trying out a few chargers at your end. But if the Qi is sending out power but phone not charging, whilst not damaging the battery, it's still wasting electricity isn't it? 😥

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Maybe it is a manufacturing defect because I also own this my charger is working fine and automatically stop charging.

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Mind sharing what wireless charger are you using? 😅