account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Wifi selection and new android

Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Wifi selection and new android

With the new update I cannot switch between different wifi.networks like I could with the old version. I mow have to go through the settings menu, deselect one amd select another. With the older version all i had to do was select the name under wifi in the makn screen drop menu.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wifi selection and new android

Another issue, when turning the phone to landscape is that the menu thats at the bottom in potrait now stays on the screen to the right. It no longer hides or moves to the bottom.

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Riyadhe

That´s how Android P works i´m afraid! 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Yes the new Wi-Fi section is how Android P works but I think he was talking about where the buttons don't hide when you go to landscape which they should. That is an Android p but they added it to the new subsection where you can Auto hide the buttons or have the button stay there. That's also where you can turn on the gestures for Android p. Which it looks like Sony left out I'm hoping they put it back in in November security update.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes, the auto hide feature is no longer available. So many complaints after a new update!!

Sit up, take note of your customers Sony! 

Sage
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

To keep this thread to topic:

If you pull down from top to get the quick-menu and press -and -hold the wifi-icon for a sec, you jump right into the wifi-menu. 

If you just press the wifi-icon in quick-menu, you toggle wifi on/off and it autoconnects to available and stored wifi-network.

Same gos for all the icons in the quick-menu: With press-and-hold, you jump right into coresponding menu. (the same menu you can find via Settings)