account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi connectivity issues

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Wifi connectivity issues

Hi, my XZ2 couldn't connect to wifi and sjow authentication problem. IP address is unavailable when in WiFi advanced setting but in status it did shows . Any solutions? Screenshot_20180415-232039.png

Screenshot_20180416-000300.png

Screenshot_20180416-000334.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Wifi connectivity issues

The IP-address shown in Status on those pictures is the IP the phone has on the 4G Network.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @AccelNano, welcome to the community!

"Authentication problem" usually means that password you typed and the password the network requiers doesn't match. You can tap your network and choose "Forget" and then tap the network and type in your networks password again. You even have a  checkbox you can tap to show the password while you are writing it. Be careful with upper case and lower case, since most passwords are case sensitive.

Keep me posted, and have a nice day!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

The IP-address shown in Status on those pictures is the IP the phone has on the 4G Network.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I was able to connect to my company's wifi, but not the wifi @ home.

My home Wifi password is less than 8 characters which is the minimum characters required to type in to connect to internet. Can I know anyway to type in the password to connect to the Wifi. Please advice.