account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Where is wps push button on xperia xz2?

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Where is wps push button on xperia xz2?

Hey where is wps push button on xperia xz2? I have looked everywhere! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Where is wps push button on xperia xz2?

Hello everyone and I'm sorry for the late reply to your questions regarding the WPS push button.

Android 8.0 included included the feature Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS Push Button) that could be used to connect WPS-supported client devices, such as wireless printers, to your router wirelessly. This feature has been removed by Google in Android 9.0.

I hope that answers all the questions about this feature and why you aren't able to find it.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

WPS like in wifi protected setup?

There is none.Smiling Face with Sunglasses

The WPS button is normally on the wifi router, but in general the WPS funtion is nowdays disabled on most routers as the feature is hacked/cracked to pieces and recommended to not be used.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi @Braeden;

Can't say if in XZ2 is in the same place but in XZ Premium go to Settings>Network and Internet>Wi-Fi>Wi-Fi Preferences>Advanced>WPS Button.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Yeah the weird thing is I used it the other day and I'm pretty sure that's where it was and now it's gone, it doesn't have the option there at all

Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I've used it 3 or 4 times in the last week because my hotspot on my phone wasn't working but now I'm sure the option has disappeared.. 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Braeden;

Are you trying to use it in the same conditions? Have you tried simply restarting the phone? 

Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Yeah I'm in the same place trying to use it with the same phone. I turned my phone off and on but that didn't work. How do I reset? 

Pioneer
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

@Braeden;

When I referred the same conditions I was talking about the settings, is your Wi-Fi on (and hot-spot off)? You can do a factory reset in Settings >system but all your data will be deleted, you will need to make backups. 

Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Yeah they are both on, but even when they weren't on the other day I looked and wps was still there but was light grey so I couldn't select it, now can't find it at all. I might have to try resetting it

Pioneer
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Hi Braeden;

Are you trying to use the WPS button in the Hotspot settings or the Wifi settings? Because in the Hotspot function I was informed that it actually is no longer there.

Regarding the Wifi settings there is a strong possibility that it also got removed with the Android Pie update.

Have you recently updated your device to Android 9.0 (Pie)?