account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Where is 4k 60fps and Displayport alt mode ???

Talent
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Where is 4k 60fps and Displayport alt mode ???

1. Both Snapdragon 845 and imx400 suport it, but the phone not! Well done Sony! 2. Dear Sony, have you enabled Displayport alt mode in this product?
7 REPLIES 7
Learner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Where is 4k 60fps and Displayport alt mode ???

Very good question!! I hope they have enabled it!!

Emperor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@Inerent

I'll escalate this, but does any Android device supports this?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hy Uli, 1. 4k 60fps yes, the newer phones with snapdragon 845 like S9 2. Displayport Alt mode also Snapdragon 835 phones like s8, note8, htc u11. Please escalade it, I want that XZP2 to have these 2 features! My next phone will be XZP2 if those 2 are enabled. I have a 4k hdr tv and I really want to make an ecosystem with my phone. Please don't say buying google chromecast or blue Ray player or android tv box!
Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Inerent

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony as well >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I send a question about alt mode to local support (Finland) and they say that they don`t know because phone hasn`t come out yet!

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

XZ2 is out now, does anyone have an answer to the Displayport Alt question?  Those HDR videos would like really nice on a Sony tv...

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I got the XZ2 Compact, no displayport alt.  Another gen behind the curve Slightly frowning Face