account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Weird charging issue

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Weird charging issue

Recently gotten myself a charger which supports USB PD and QC3. However my XZ2 will only charge  via  the PD slot if its battery power is >=70%, but can charge normally on the QC3 slot.

My other phones, Samsung, Huawei, Asus charges normally on both slots. Anyone knows why? Am on the latest firmware btw. Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Weird charging issue

@CHAYsm 

in other words, the original Sony wall charger work fine but you are having issues with a third party wall charger? if that's the case, you could test a different cable, but I doubt that there's anything wrong with your phone, you might want to contact the wall charger manufacturer regarding compatibility issues. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Guess you misunderstood my question. What I asked was, why will the XZ2 only charge when its battery is at or above 70% 🤔

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@CHAYsm 

I'm basing my question on this:

@CHAYsm wrote:

Recently gotten myself a charger which supports USB PD and QC3. However my XZ2 will only charge  via  the PD slot if its battery power is >=70%, but can charge normally on the QC3 slot.

Does the phone charge ok with a Sony wall charger? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

No issue with original Sony charger. Am testing USB PD standard fyi 😊

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@CHAYsm 

in that case there's nothing wrong with your phone nor Sony's wall charger, you should contact the third party wall charger manufacturer 

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Further noticed that phone will charge on the PD connection if it's off, regardless of battery charge state remaining. Definitely firmware issue here 😑