account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Waterproof Problems

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Waterproof Problems

I want to ask about the waterproof features that exist on this phone. I put into a tub filled with plain water bathing 45meter deep for 5min but why after that my phone screen like conceded water. And there is a bluish color on my phone screen. According to the existing Features I should still use as required. Can I apply for Warranty in this matter. I have another Xperia phone with my XZ Premium type input in the pool was not a problem. I think there is a production failure on my XZ2. Please answer me.

And i look the water damage indication is still normal because the color is white.

2 REPLIES 2
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Waterproof Problems

@290503 The XZ2 has an Ip65/68 rating which means Water Resistant not Waterproof.....if you have submerged the phone & are suffering the symptoms you suggest then I'm afraid you had best contact your local support

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Waterproof Problems

Dude ip 65/68 is water PROOF. the fact that most mobile manufacturers do not want to cover warranty in case of full submerssion it's another story. Sony had that once .. Slightly frowning Face

IP66 Enclosure - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water. IP 67 Enclosures - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against immersion. IP 68 Enclosures - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water.

The ip rating should let you dunk your phone into water, but besides that, the manufacturer decides if a possible problem should be warranty covered...

stop saying all this nonsense about waterproofness/water resistance.

For example, xperia Z2: Xperia Z2 is water and dust proof with an IPrating of IP55 and IP58 and fully water submersion was allowed and warranty covered by sony.