account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

WCH20 how to change setup direction?

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

WCH20 how to change setup direction?

Hi, 

I want to change the setup direction of my wireless charger from horizontal to vertical. I took the magnetic feed from the side to the bottom of the device and set it up vertically, but the info LED still glow at the "wrong" side of the charger. Is there a reinitialization or something like that?

Thanks for advice and help. 

HW

5 REPLIES 5
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: WCH20 how to change setup direction?

As far as I'm aware there is only one 'info' led built into the removable stand so it's position will always stay the same regardless of the orientation of the main unit. Can you provide a photo of it setup?

Thanks

Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I'm also facing the same problem with my 2nd dock.

1st WCH20 dock was perfect. The LED will light up according to the orientation of the dock itself.  But the 2nd one seems to be stucked in landscape

Adept
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Guys, since your are owning the WCH20, mind answering my thread https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ2/Wireless-charger-doesn-t-stop-charging/td-p/1354325 

Your contribution will be most appreciated. Thanks 

Adviser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Can't open the link

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

My Wireless charger doesn't stop charging.

I noticed that unlike other wireless charging phone, the XZ2 doesn't seems to be able to inform the wireless charger that it has been fully charged. Based on my experience, my wireless charger will stop charging as per the indicator led once the phone has been fully charged to 💯%

However after having try the XZ2 with various none Sony charger ie. Samsung, Baseus, Qi generic etc, it was noted that the wireless charger will not auto stop as with other phones like my Samsungs, Nexus, Huawei etc. Anyone knows if this is also the same with Sony's WCH20? Thanks