account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Use XZ2+ SCSH40+ WCH20

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Use XZ2+ SCSH40+ WCH20

Can the XZ2 be loaded in the cover SCSH40 with the charging station WCH20, or at least in the cover SCSH40 with the charging station DK60 without removing the covere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Use XZ2+ SCSH40+ WCH20

Hi @Egal0815!

I am sorry to say, but according to information which I have available, it is not possible to charge a Xperia XZ2 while having a mounted cover using WCH20. It is listed in the product user guide:
"Make sure to remove any phone covers before using the wireless charging."
https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/wirelesschargingdockwch20/userguide/charging/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Egal0815

The Sony docks ussualy have 2 size grips to hold the phone, so you can use with a case. However, i´ll try to get more info on this Slightly smiling Face and about the wireless charging.

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Egal0815!

I am sorry to say, but according to information which I have available, it is not possible to charge a Xperia XZ2 while having a mounted cover using WCH20. It is listed in the product user guide:
"Make sure to remove any phone covers before using the wireless charging."
https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/wirelesschargingdockwch20/userguide/charging/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Okay, I also read that but hoped that the original cover was constructed accordingly.