account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Updated phone now microphone not working and RECORDED VIDEOS have no sound in playback

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Updated phone now microphone not working and RECORDED VIDEOS have no sound in playback

Just updated phone to PIE (update 9) to find this morning I couldn't use microphone to search in google. Didn't think much of it but after trying to record a video ALL videos I recorded tonight only do NOT play sound in playback  literally making video A USELESS PIECE OF TRASH 

All videos recorded BEFORE update still play fine. Only videos I've recorded since updated don't playback audio

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Updated phone now microphone not working and RECORDED VIDEOS have no sound in playback

Go to Settings --> Support --> Tests and test the microphone.

If it's not working then it might be a hardware failure and should be covered under warranty.

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Updated phone now microphone not working and RECORDED VIDEOS have no sound in playback

Actually already did that and feedback was it was indeed "not working" 

However after continually opening up Google via the microphone option, it came good by itself