account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unreliable/Silent Alarm

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Unreliable/Silent Alarm

Hello all at Sony,

I've found my alarm to be unreliable. It will sometimes sound using the alarm volume and other times it will sound using the media volume (which is usually set on silent). Usually, this occurs when the alarm is "snoozed". This alarm issue has been seen on both the official Sony Clock app and the 3rd party "Alarm Clock Xtreme (Pro)" app.

A similar thread(s) has been made regarding a similar issue on the XZ series phones and confirmed to have been resolved on build version 41.3.A.58 and Clock version 20.2.A.1.18. However, my phone has build version 51.1.A.2.213 and Clock version 20.2.A.1.20 so I'm curious if the fix wasn't properly ported over to the XZ2 firmware.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unreliable/Silent Alarm

@SegaCD

just to clarify, do you have an Xperia XZ2? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I have a Taiwan region, 6GB XZ2 (H8296).

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@SegaCD

Do you have the latest update?

51.1.A.3.159

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately, 51.1.A.2.213 appears to be the latest release for my model region... The "Software update" menu shows that I'm up to date.

Do you have a XZ2? Have you not experienced this issue with 51.1.A.3.159?