account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Touch sensitivity issue

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Touch sensitivity issue

I own both XZ2 and XZ Premium. XZ2 is a flagship model with top notch LCD screen, even better than XZP. But I can't type as fast and accurate on XZ2 as on XZP.

I wonder if engineers actually use this device themselves because obviously touch experience on XZ2 is really poor, always run into type errors. Also there's no significant improvement after Pie update.

This is not my unique problem. It makes no sense for flagship to have such bad experience on such basic functionality. Please fix this sensitivity issue!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Touch sensitivity issue

What is it, is it lagging or are you mistyping maybe.

Check it.

Goto settings->system->about phone and tap several times on build number

Developer option will appear.

Go back to system and tap on developer options.

There you will find Input: Show taps

After that you will know if you're tapping where you intend to tap.

BTW

Did you know that on top of settings there is a search bar?

type what you're searching for and it will pop up.

Can't find what you want?

Type another word that is similar.

PS

Did you try swiping?

Once used to it you will love it.

It outperforms typing.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Same as my device, I have been opened tap to show option, and it shows like this:

Sometimes I click a button, it shows my press and I can see the button animation, but it doesn't enable, you have to press that button again and again till it works.

It really makes it frustrating to use when it's gaming or typing.

In fact I was missing a lotta letters when I'm typing this reply. And I have to make a double check to make sure I didn't miss a letter.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I too facing the same issue... So please take this seriously and let me know if you have anything to do.. Sony.... Please help us out..

Thanks for the help