account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Touch screen problem xz2 model 8276

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Touch screen problem xz2 model 8276

Certain spot on touch screen not responding. Example: Using app like Pixel Art coloring app. While coloring an area there's a specific spot towards lower center right on screen that won't color just seems to skip or jump from that particular spot. Also similar thing happens when just drawing on screen not associated with the app. Was working great but now acting up more noticeably. Phone has latest updates. Have tried restarting multiple times. Even a factory data reset. Love the phone but really annoying problem especially since it's with the touch screen. Anyone have a similar problem or fix? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Touch screen problem xz2 model 8276

@Dbosz74 

Could you test the touchscreen?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response. Already tried that a couple of times. They just have 2 basic tests for the touch screen and it tested fine. I ran all the other tests and they test fully functioning. I'm running pie with the latest software update installed. There just seems to be a spot or two where if you are drawing or doing something in those specific spots it just jumps from that spot almost as it loses its touch sensitivity and then regains after passing those specific spots. No dead pixels  It's just frustrating. Thanks for your reply 

Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I had the same problem when I owned the XZ, after a firmware update a small part of the display wasn't responsive  Tried all the things you tried, and unfortunately I had to send the phone in for repair. When I received the phone back, they had replaced the screen.

Hope this helps