account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Three major issues after updating to Andriod Pie - smart backlight, themes, fingerprint unlocking

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Three major issues after updating to Andriod Pie - smart backlight, themes, fingerprint unlocking

1. Smart backlight control no longer works, it crashes and has error messages popup every few seconds ("Smart backlight control keeps stopping)

2. Themes aren't working, no matter where the themes are downloaded. My phone is super ugly now and the pull down menu from the top is all black with blue highlight... please at least give us Andriod's default?

3. Fingerprint unlocking, although working, is noticably slower now.

I hope you can address these issues asap, I really love this phone but in the currently state I feel like its worse than before updating. While I do understand sometimes bugs occur and it takes time to address them, but the above features are quite crucial to me, and I will certinaly consider phones from another brand in the future if these issues aren't fixed.

---- 

And a few minor issues below

4. I know now some Andriod phones have the clock on the top moved to the left because of the  ugly nodges, but your phones do not have them, please give us an options to choose where to place it.

5. Please give us the option to enable Andriod Pie gestures.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Three major issues after updating to Andriod Pie - smart backlight, themes, fingerprint unlockin

Am also facing issue with the smart backlight as above. Would also like to disable the time clock on the top left of my screen per OREO but can't seem to find that option πŸ€”

Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Three major issues after updating to Andriod Pie - smart backlight, themes, fingerprint unlockin

I have both the XZ PREMIUM and XZ2, both on Android Pie 9.0. Unfortunately, on both devices the Sony's Email App is not working. I bought the XZ2 because I couldn't get the Email app to work on my XZ PREMIUM. I feel really disappointed. Please SONY fix it. 

Commissioner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

You will have to elaborate a bit more about your Sony Email app problems if you hope to get some assistanse.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The Sony's Email App was working perfectly. But after updating my Xperia XZ Premium Dual to Android Pie 9.0 the Email app stopped working completely. It just won't open. So I bought the Xperia XZ2 which was running on Android Oreo out of the box and the Email App was working properly. But after updating to Android Pie 9.0, Sony's own Email App stopped working completely just like my Xperia XZ Premium Dual.

I tried to clear the data on my Xperia XZ Premium Dual but still didn't work. When the Email App crashed on my Xperia XX2 however, when I cleared the data, the Email App started working again. But I'm afraid it will crash again.

So I believe there is a major bug issue with Sony's Email App and I hope they fix it with the next update.

Thanks.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Seems like Android 9 is the culprit somehow...... Not phone itself.

Problems with Sony Email app should perhaps be better answered in the corret section of the forums:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/E-mail-Calendar/bd-p/email_calendar