account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Theme change issue

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Theme change issue

HI, I'm having the exact same issue.. Every time I choose and install a theme it just disappears from the menu ( yes, a default theme). It seemed to be a disabled app issue at first, because I had an app disabled, after enabling it:after installing a theme it dissappearrd from the list, but this time at least it applied to the home screen and seems to be working..  

Still having the issue of the themes disappearing after install.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Any one found the solution for this issue? 

Bnl
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

I've made a factory reset. That's the only way I've found to solve that issue.

Slightly frowning Face

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Hi! The only solution that comes into my head is only the factory reset one. I believe that during the last software update something might have gone wrong and its causing this.

You can either connect your Xperia to the PC and select software repair in Xperia companion or do the factory reset directly on the phone. 

With an XPERIA smartphone from Sony, freedom is in your hands!
Highlighted
Talent
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

So a firmware update is not likely to fix this then? 

Adept
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

I get same issue, anyone solve this problem without Factory Reset? 

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

I think there is no solution apart from factory reset and Right now Sony is focusing on Android 9.0 so might be we are  not receving any firmware update. For this issue. 

Learner
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

I had theme issue on Oreo and Pie downloading new ones or choosing installed ones didn't work, update didn't fix issue. I reset all app preference (app settings/show all apps the click menu in top right an reset all apps) worked for me (But all app permissions need to be granted again) but saved a full reset!  

View solution in original post

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Thanks . I tried and its working fine. 

Talent
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Worked a treat  Thank you