account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony xz2 compact sim card tray

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sony xz2 compact sim card tray

Hello

i am thinking of buuying the new sony xz2 compact but i wanna know how is the sim tray fitted to the phone metal frame? Is it fixed by means of friction fit by the rubber flaps around the tray head or is there an internal spring that hold it in place?

i had before sony z1 and z2 and i suffered from the loosy rubber flaps after few years of usage , the flaps become loose and the tray head pop off by itself from the frame.

so is that the same way of fixation in the tray of the xz2 compact?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sony xz2 compact sim card tray

@Valdeer in my opinion it is (from memory of those models) basically the same...a fine rubber seal that presses in tightly. You shouldn't really have to open/close the tray a lot but unsure if you swap sim/sd card around a lot....one thing to remember is that this model is not Waterproof

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

The problem is that i usually change the memory card between mobiles and i may open this tray some often. And i am afraid of facing the same loosy sim tray as in the z1 and the z2 .

also I don't care if it is water proof or not .

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I don't know why Sony didn't design this tray as other manufacturers that make the tray open by a small hole that is pressed by the pin in the package of the mobile..

this way is more secure and durable..

Genius
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Valdeer just to clarify, the tray is a bit more robust than the previous 'rubber' style....it's more like a 'plastic' with a fine rubber seal....matches perfectly with the bezel & in my opinion the same material.....so much more robust.

If you can....visit a retailer where you can inspect/fiddle around with one & I'm sure you will be much more impressed 😎