account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sending contact as text Xperia XZ2

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sending contact as text Xperia XZ2

I cannot send a contact as simple text Such as I could do on my previous xperia. Is there any way of avoiding of sending it as an MMS?

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sending contact as text Xperia XZ2

Hi @Jsledzinski, let me see if I can be of any help here.

If you want to share a contact using the messages application, the contact itself will be sent as an attachment, making the message you send an MMS by default. You can however copy the information you want to send from the contact and paste it in to a message if you promptly want or need to send a text message instead of an MMS.

I hope that this answered your question. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the reply. The solution you mebtioned is obvious but requires more time than it used to in previous system (android 6.0 on xperia z3 compact I suppose). I tend to use this way of sharing the contacts since it have been many times someone told me they cannot open the MMS with the contact.

Suppose there is no way to put the option of sending it as a text to the "sharing menu" is there? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you @Jsledzinski for your quick reply!

I am afraid that the two methods mentioned are the only ways to share contact information using the messages application. I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

Feel free get back to me if you have further questions!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.