account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen turns off when making a phone call

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Screen turns off when making a phone call

Hi everybody. Just got a new xz2 and its a super cool phone. Anyways everytime i want to make a phone the screen turns off, and doesnt turn back on until i hold the volume button and home button. Phone is brand new no apps installed except the ones that came with it. I testrd proximity sensor and it says its on, however when i go over with my hand it does nothing. Please help because i love this phone.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen turns off when making a phone call

@Slocan

Did you remove the protective film that comes with the phone out of the box? Did you install a screen protector? Both can block the sensor and cause these symptoms.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes i removed it and no i didnt install any screen protectors 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Slocan

If you tested the sensor and it says it's always on (which it shouldn't) and you're sure that nothing is physically blocking it, then you should contact your Local support and get it inspected by a professional.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.