account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem with software update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Problem with software update

I have a Xperia XZ2, the phone doesn't update, still has Android 8, i have seen my phone softwarversion and it is: 1311-7915_51.1.1.11.51, the customization version is: 1316-0773_R1A, this is for central Europe.

My phone originally updated to android 9, but due to a malfunction in the speakers it was sent for repairs to Sony´s tech support, and came downgraded to Android 8, i conntacted Sony support and they told me that i need to wait, it has been 2 months and i still can't update the phone, the only thing that i see is that this customization version it's not updated in Sony servers and maybe that's why it says that my phone is updated.

I attach a screenshot of my computer to show what Sony support page indicates when i check the latest update with mi IMEI number.

Can you help me?.

Thanks

Jimmy

P.D . The phone it's SIM-free

xz2 update status.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: Problem with software update

For whatever reason it seems that the "Central Europe" variant is one of the very few regions that did not receive the update to Android Pie yet.

I'm afraid that the only option to receive the update would be to flash your phone with another region. 

Unbenannt.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Pioneer
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Did you try Xperia companion?

It updates in one jump to the latest version under normal circumstances.

Your picture is not visible yet. Has to be approved first by the moderators.

Does it show that you should have Pie?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Yes i have tryed Xperia Companion, and tells me that Android 8 it's the latest update available (in the phone says the same in support) i have also tryed the developers mode in software repair, and nothing, the thing is that i had ANDROID PIE in january , and now with the downgrade that Sony's tech support did on the phone System, i cannot update it and get the latest features that i have before like the camera features and others, I even have an Email from Sony Care that tells me that v. 52.0.A.3.202 it's avaliable for my device, explaining all that i need to do with Xperia Companion, but Xperia Companion, says that Android 8 it's the latest version, i also tryed in different computers with the same results.

Pioneer
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Did you try the:

Phone is not recognized or is a smart watch?

This will pass some boundaries.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Yes i tryed that, and install the same version of the software

Pioneer
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Wait till Jonas returns.

He knows everything.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

For whatever reason it seems that the "Central Europe" variant is one of the very few regions that did not receive the update to Android Pie yet.

I'm afraid that the only option to receive the update would be to flash your phone with another region. 

Unbenannt.PNG

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Why?

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Yo tenía el mismo proble y le jice reparacion de software con xperia companion. Cuando volvi a utilizar el celu me apareció la actualización 

had the same problem and I did repair software with xperia companion. When I went back to using the celu the update appeared

gt