account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem with charging phone

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Problem with charging phone

I don't know if this is a problem with the port but when I connect the charger to the phone it doesn't react most of the time, I need to move the charger until it begins to charge but it's annoying and it also isn't supposed to be like that. Sometimes I need to be like half an hour moving the cable until it begins to work. With the headphones the port works fine, the problem is only when I try to charge the phone. I know it's not the charger because I have tried with other ones and is the same problem. Does somebody know what can be the problem?

My phone is a Sony Xperia Xz2 #

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with charging phone

Hi @DiegoU1, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

You mention that you have tried different chargers, I assume it was different USB Type-C cables as well? I just want to make sure, as it does sound like it's either the cable or the actual port on the device that is the cause of this.

If it is the same with a different cable, get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with having the device sent in for repairs.

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Whatever you do do not send your phone back to Sony I was having network issues and was told by my network provider to send the phone back for repair I was contacted by Sony to say we've found the problem a faulty charging port but unfortunately it's not covered under warranty but give us £217 and we'll fix it I refused and paid £25 for return of the phone I was contacted by my network provider and informed the network is now fixed now I have the phone back and upon inspection the charging port has been poorly put back together and theres small chips all over each side of the phone thanks sony

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Yoga1, very sorry to hear about the experience you had with the authorized service centre in your market. Slightly frowning Face

As service cases are only handled at a local level due to routines, warranty and consumer laws varying between markets, I'm afraid that I can't access your case.

In your case, I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team or your operator (as they assisted you with sending in the device the first time) so the charging port can be fixed.

Once again, I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Spoiler
I have contacted my mobile operator who have issued me with a £50 refund that just about covers the cost of p&p, I am still waiting on there response regarding sonys engineers report saying my phone has faulty parts and why there's no repair being done if the parts are faulty
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again @Yoga1!

I'm glad to hear that at least some progress has been made between you and your operator. Hopefully you'll get a reply soon regarding the service of your device from the service centre, or from your Local support team.

Feel free to keep me posted!