account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem with ZyXEL Drive app

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Problem with ZyXEL Drive app

ZyXEL Drive app : App page 

I record video of my problem : Video Link
I buy new ZyXel NAS. This NAS can use app ZyXEL Drive to access file.

I use this app on my Nexus 9,Moto Z Play no problem at all but when I use this app on my XZ2 it can't access any file in my NAS. 
I contact ZyXel support team they said problem come from Android 9 ROM of sony.
Can any one help me ?

Thx. Slightly smiling Face

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem with ZyXEL Drive app

It seems like you have to go back to Zyxel and ask them to support Android 9 in their app.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@RuneJ wrote:

It seems like you have to go back to Zyxel and ask them to support Android 9 in their app.

They said it work with Google Pixel. They said because custom rom of Sony. I didn't have Google Pixel with Android 9 I didn't know how it would work. 

Sage
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

From the link posted to Play Store, the Zyxel app was last updated in February 2017, a long time before Android 9 was released.

-They will probably have to develop support for Android 9 to make it work on a range of phones.

If Zyxel thinks that Sony or Google have to do something to make their app work, Zyxel will probably have to follow that up with Google/Sony directly.

Perhaps you could use another standard file/file-transfer app to transfer files between phone and NAS?