account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

PlayStation plus U.K. Xperia Lounge offer

One time poster
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: PlayStation plus U.K. Xperia Lounge offer

Hi, just curios has anyone claimed the psplus yet? As i am trying to do the same. 

Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Nothing yet. A person from Carphone warehouse did ring a 'rep' while u was there and advised it would be released in next 7 days but no one from Sony / PlayStation has been able to give an answer yet so just waiting at the moment ...where did you purchase from?

One time poster
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

Hello all,

I'm facing the same problem, i pre-ordered the Xpreria XZ2 in Germany, the offer here is: you can choose a gadget like the ps VR...

They told me once i get the bill (the bill came 3 days after the smart phone delievery) i have to claim it from Sony web site.

Now i have both phone and bill, but i can't find any link to claim my gadget.

Have anyone an idea what should i do ?

Thxs in advance

One time poster
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Yes i got it today after about a week of back and forth emails. They couldnt fix it so they just emailed me the code. They said the issue was fixed by now but it wasnt for me.

One time poster
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

I've just experienced the exact same thing, as per: https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/promotions/playstation-plus/ I went to the xperia lounge and I don't see the tile on there and just emailed the address on that page to see if they can help.

Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

Hi Nocturne,

To clarify there are two offers.  I was posting about the Playstation Plus membership for 12 months promotion. I haven't been able to access it via the Xperia Lounge as I'm supposed to be able to do. I have emailed back and forth to support like the other recent posters and they kindly provided me with my code so I could claim the offer despite not having the access I should have done via the Xperia Lounge.

The offer you are referring to Is different. In some countries Sony offered a PS4 or PS4 Vr starter kit to those who preordered the XZ2. This depended upon your retailer. For example in the UK Carphonewarehouse supported this offer but Amazon did not. Upon receipt of your device your vendor should have provided you with a Web link to visit where you could input your IMEI number and a copy of your receipt. Sony will the review claims over the next 28 days and the first 1000 claimants will be sent their prize (I assume/hope it's 1000 per retailer rather than overall). 

So if you haven't been provided with the link to claim you should contact your vendor but you may be able to find it via Google / other forum posts etc too. I would think you have less chance of being successful now some time has passed but it is definitely worth pursuing!

One time poster
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Have you been able to claim the offer? i am having the same problem 

Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

Hi Sammy,

despite the intervention of many Sony support staff no one was able to explain or resolve the issue of why the 'PlayStation Plus' tile never appeared on my Xperia Lounge app on my new XZ2.

yesterday there was an android update rolled out which I thought might trigger it but it made no difference.

the Xperia PlayStation Plus team got me to try a few tricks, deleting app data etc but it made no difference. They could not understand, explain or fix the lack of the PlayStation Plus promotion appearing in my Xperia Lounge app. 

For me me this is a big worry as the promotion is being used widely to sell a lot of XZ2s in Europe but there is clearly a problem as I'm not The only one to experience an issue. Also the vendors seem to have no idea. For example Carphone Warehouse have offered about 3 different explanations normally confusing it with a pre-order PlayStation 4 promotion, passing the buck or saying they are sure Sony will release the notification in a week or so (their favourite answer to get you off the phone or out of the store). I cannot believe they are so ill informed about such a high profile promotion.

i have received my 12 month code now as Xperia PlayStation Plus sent me one once they had seen my proof of purchase but it involved a lot of emails (their team are lovely and helpful) and they could not resolve the technical issues.

when I first set my phone up I set it up using existing google accounts and it installed my old apps...I did wonder if this might have affected the Xperia Lounge and did multiple re-sets and new set-ups to test it without signing in but still nothing prompted the release of the promotion in the Xperia Lounge. In case this is the cause it would be helpful to know if  anyone else suffering from this issue set up their phone from an existing Google/Xperia  account or if they did a new fresh set up when they first used the phone.

good luck with your claim!

all the best 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Hi Everyone,

It may take up to 72 hours from the moment you first signed into Xperia Lounge for the offer to appear, as our systems need a while to validate Your handset details (to ensure that You're eligible for the offer).

I recommend that You wait for 72 hours and then have a look in Xperia Lounge again, could You please try that? Should the offer still be absent after another 72 hours, please get in touch with the responsible support team through Email at info@xperiaplaystationplus.co.uk

Please note that this concerns the Xperia PlayStation Plus offer.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

I received the Xperia Playstation Plus offer in Xperia Loung a couple of hours ago.Smiling Face with Sunglasses

-I've had the phone 12 days/since release April 6.