account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Not compatible with Whatsapp?

Regular
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Not compatible with Whatsapp?

Some of my outgoing voice messages are inaudible. I have contacted Whatsapp but it seems that they cannot solve this issue too.

15 REPLIES 15
Pioneer
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Not compatible with Whatsapp?

Regular
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Yes but I only use one sim card. And this problem occurs even when I'm uding Wifi.

@NunoSEN2wrote:

Hi @fytng;

Do you have by any chance a dual SIM model? 

See this thread:https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ2/WhatsApp-problem-when-using-Dual-Sim-cards/m-p/1317048#M48...

Pioneer
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

@fytng;

Try clearing Whatsapp cache and data uninstall the app, restart phone and install it again. 

If that doesn't work I think only app developers can help. 

Regular
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Thanks, I'll try that. I did contact Whatsapp but they only asked me to update Whatsapp and send them the problematic files. 

Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

@NunoSEN2wrote:

@fytng;

Try clearing Whatsapp cache and data uninstall the app, restart phone and install it again. 

If that doesn't work I think only app developers can help. 

This is the same as I would say, from the user side of things there's only so much we can do before the app developer needs to look at it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Genius
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

I often find when WhatsApp 'updates' I have problems with it not working properly, been like that on my last 2 phones.....after a few restarts on said phones it works fine

Regular
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

It doesn't work... XZ2...sighs!

Rookie
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

I'm having similar issues. When sending whatsapp voice messages, they get "muted" randomly, at some point during the message recording. This has happened even shortly after a fresh install, so I doubt that clearing caches and re-installing can solve anything.

For what it's worth, I have also had the same issue while streaming live Facebook videos (interestingly enough, Facebook own whatsapp, so mabe there is some software shared between both apps, don't know...).

All in all, the phone is unusable for me. I have done several factory-resets, and tried the "phone repair" option in Xperia Companion, but nothing has helped.

Initially, I suspected it was due to a faulty phone, so I ordered a replacement and got a new phone. But the problem is still there... pfffff

Regular
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I have been contacting Sony about this issue. All they asked me to do were update Whatsapp, repair the phone using  the companion and bring the phone to the repair center!