account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

New update 52.0.A.3.163

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

New update 52.0.A.3.163

Hello! What does the new update bring? And when will an update for Xperia ™ XZ2 Dual (H8266) Customized CE1 be available? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: New update 52.0.A.3.163

@Snupe82

There is no official changelog released by Sony so checking 3rd party sites like XperiaBlog.net might have more info about such updates. But most probably it will be a bug fixing or security patching update.

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets, so this bit of info is also hard to get. Just check for updates periodically.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your advice!

Regular
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

My H266 (German version) received this update yesterday. Probably just the most recent Google safety patches (January 2019), at least I could not identify any more changes.

Curiously, after update the GPS did not work at first and could not get my location. It took some hours until suddenly it worked again. No idea why...

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

does anyone has a problem with the dual sim after the update ? my phone can't recognize any sim card after i update the phone

Highlighted
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@acvilosul

Both my SIMs work perfectly after the update. Try switching their positions around.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I noticed lower battery life after this update! Very bad!!