account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Navigation Bar Issue

Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: White menu bottom line ,how do i get it black

My XZ2 premium on 8.0 shows nav bar in these apps...Screenshot_20181018-151524.png

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

Re: White menu bottom line ,how do i get it black

ugh feeling you fellow pogo player. keep clicking on it by accident, hope they resolve htis soon!

Learner
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

Re: Navigation Bar Issue

It's really annoying isn't it. I can't see things on my satnav because of the white bar. 

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

XZ1 got Android9 yesterday and now it is the same here with the Navigation bar on bottom permanently shown - eating up space uselessly and colourblinding when sth has white background with the black stripe - yes, not all my apps have black background for a black stripe so toggling designs doesn't help in all cases...

Very very annoying.

However, Album and Quickpic apps are working fine. When being started the navigation bar goes to the back allowing full screen for pictures and movies. Just when touching the screen, the navigation bar comes back. So the feature is still working, just the implementation for standard usage/standard apps isn't properly implemented. Highly disappointing.

Sage
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

"However, Album and Quickpic apps are working fine. When being started the navigation bar goes to the back allowing full screen for pictures and movies. Just when touching the screen, the navigation bar comes back. So the feature is still working, just the implementation for standard usage/standard apps isn't properly implemented. Highly disappointing."

This could perhaps mean that it is up to the app-designer to make sure that the fullscreen-mode is used? (aka not a direct Android 9 issue)

Visitor
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

Checked with Album, but my bar is only a little transparent but it doesn't hide. In every other app it's there, most times white or black, but in some it adapts (like in Deezer, it's some dark gray blue).

I wan't it gone ...

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

Tetsuyama, this I don't have with my XZ1. The navigation bar on bottom is still there when opening the "album" app, but as soon as I tap on a photo or a video, the full screen content goes upfront and the all the navigation stuff and top bar goes background and the photo/video is displayed in full. As soon as I tap the screen, the navigagtion bar stuff appears again. So the app is working as before.

Also, when starting "album", the app takes the full screen and the navigation bar on bottom goes transparent, still visible but transparent. So all is working as before. Same for "quickpic".

Just stuff like Firefox or Chrome or all the other apps I am using have the navigation bar always visible, and reducing the screen of these apps, as these apps are not overlaying the navigation bar and the navigation bar isn't going to transparent.

I just wonder what SW change between Android8 and 9 is responsible for this, and if other Android9 phones from different vendors show this as well, or if this is a Sony specific issue.

Visitor
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

My XZ1 Compact got update to android 9 today and here constantly visible navigation bar is an issue. Compact has a small screen and normally upper bar (time, date, notifications) and lower navigation bar was hidden, now they are visible all the time with most apps and chrome and I lose an inch of display, with such small screen it's a problem. Any solution how to return bars to how they were before?

One time poster
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

I have exactly the same issue on my XZ1 Compact and it's annoying to say the least. Before the pie update, I could select full screen videos on any site with no problems. Now I have the distracting navigation bar vertically on the right when viewing videos in landscape mode. Can't seem to get rid of it, a problem on a small screen phone!

One time poster
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Had my phone for a couple of months and just updated. What a update. Well done Sony. You've just gone back in time.