account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Navigation Bar Issue

One time poster
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Navigation Bar Issue

Hi there,

I've been having an issue recently where the bottom navigation bar will just not go away at all when it really should. It'll still disappear for photos and videos etc, but in apps like Spotify (shown in photo) it'll still be there and it's really quite distracting. It's been happening since I updated a few days ago, is there any way I can change this? Why is this happening? Screenshot_20181013-225900.png

Any help is much appreciated!

20 REPLIES 20
Learner
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Navigation Bar Issue

I think they made a mistake with the new Android 9 update. Because it used to go away in certain apps. But with Android 9 you got to have to choose that option to always hide the navigation buttons. Which they would go away after certain amount of time. But so far it doesn't look like they added in the gestures or that option in the subsystem menu. Like it is with other phone such as the one plus six and the essential phone. 

I am hoping that they see it and that they put it into the fix in the November security update.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Re: Navigation Bar Issue

Oh yes, this was the first thing that I have noticed after the update. I've noticed that on Sony native apps it goes away or it takes the background colour, but on others, like Spotify, not. And it's really bothering me because Spotify is all black and the  navigation bar pops out on white, it's an eyesore.

With an XPERIA smartphone from Sony, freedom is in your hands!
Visitor
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

White menu bottom line ,how do i get it black

After the new update, my menu line in buttom is always there now, and white now. How do I change that

Visitor
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Re: White menu bottom line ,how do i get it black

Screenshot_20181016-074600.png

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

I am facing same issue and its annoying. How do i get it off

Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

I think Android Pie now defaults to white instead of black when the app doesn't specify what colour the navigation bar should be, since I see that in some apps but it doesn't happen in others. I'll see if I can find out anything more about it.
Learner
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Har samma problem efter uppdateringen. Navigeringsfältet försvinner inte .

Having the same problem after the update. The navigation bar will not disappear.

gt

Sage
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Several Themes will change color and look on the navigation bar. :smileysmileywink:

Learner
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

That may be true. However I'm not using a theme and so my navigation bar should not be looked. Which it was not when the phone was on 8.0 and I know that in 9 you should have a choice to lock it or to have it hide when. You want it too