account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My phone has no network connection i tried everything i can im really dissatisfied with your product

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

My phone has no network connection i tried everything i can im really dissatisfied with your product

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: My phone has no network connection i tried everything i can im really dissatisfied with your pro

Hi @Luck-Zee, very sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried with a different SIM card in the device to make sure that your SIM card is not defect? If you haven't done that, please do and you can just borrow one from a friend, colleague or family member and see if you can get a network connection.

If you have already done this, try searching for networks manually in the device. Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile networks > Advanced > Network operators.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

CD5
Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: My phone has no network connection i tried everything i can im really dissatisfied with your pro

Been fighting no network connection for a few months. I can pull the SIM and stick in other phones and all works perfect. Stick it in my sony XZ2 compact and nothing. Bang the phone on a table and maybe get it to work. So I bought a new XZ2 compact thinking it was a hardware issue. New phone does exact same as old phone, but of course when I pull the SIM and stick in other brand of phone it works perfect. Need some help please... 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @CD5, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

It does sound very weird that it would be exact same fault on a new device, but of course, there can be defects even on new products.

Have you had the chance to try with a different SIM card in any of your Xperia XZ2 Compact devices? I know it sounds strange, but it's a pretty easy test as almost everyone have nano SIM cards these days.

Let me know if that makes any difference!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

CD5
Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I have indeed tried other SIM cards, to no avail.... We have four XZ2 Com pacts at our office: two work flawless and two seem to be on the fence about showing up for work. I have read online about XZ2compact phones that have the same symptoms, in and out of signal and same for SIM card recognition, but as yet I have no idea of the fix.    

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi again @CD5,

It can be related to the hardware as the SIM card reader can be defect.

Let's do like this, if you take one of the devices that can't recognize the SIM card and perform a software repair on this device using Xperia Companion. This will at least let us know if the software is the cause or not.

Just remember to backup the data since the software repair will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device.

If it still doesn't work, get in touch with  the Local support team in your market and they will arrange a repair for the devices.

Feel free to keep me posted as I'm very interested to see what the cause of this is.

Visitor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Had the same problem with my new XZ2 Compact. Get on a wifi network, go to Settings => Network & Internet => Internet Settings. Accept the permission request. When download completes, restart the phone. After doing this, my SIM started working and I had voice, text and internet.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi @DarkSkyJim, thank you for the tip! Slightly smiling Face

In general, the Internet setting should only affect mobile data and the MMS service so it sounds very strange that it worked for you after doing this, but I'm very glad it did and I'll keep this in mind! Slightly smiling Face

Thanks a lot for sharing this and have a fantastic day!

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have now for nearly 2 weeks the same issue. I did actually put another SIM Card into the phone and it would not work either. When I put my SIM card into another phone it worked, so it must definitely the hardware or software of the XZ2 Compact that is the problem. Is this at all related to the software updates that came out recently for the phone? My husbands phone is working fine with the same network provider and bought roughly at the same time. Any ideas why I have no furhter connection to call, text or go online with mobile data?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Maike1, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I haven't seen any other reports about this regarding the latest update at least.

Is the SIM card recognized by the device and you have to enter the PIN code for it when you restart or start-up your device? If it is, do you find any networks if you do a manual search in Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Automatically select network switch to disable automatic network selection. The device searches for available networks > select a network in the list that appears.

If you can't find or can't connect to any of the available networks, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion, but remember to backup your data with the same program before you start with the repair.

As a last resort if the above doesn't help, get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you with having the device sent in for repairs.

Keep me posted! Slightly smiling Face