account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My Phone Wont Charge

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

My Phone Wont Charge

My phone wont charge, I think the charging port went out. It will charge if I use a wireless charger, but that the only way it will charge. I have cleaned the charging port, but I didn't know if anyone else has had this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: My Phone Wont Charge

Does the USB-port work at all;

Have you tested with another USB cable?

Have you testes with another charger/powersupply?

Have you tested if the phone establishes a connection to a PC?

If USB port is defective, you will have to contact a Service/Repair Center.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have same problem, probably after latest update 52.0.A.8.50. I noticed that my car charger stop working. In fact all usb cable with data wires are not working, even usb port not responding when connected to pc. The only way is charge my phone is use power cable without data wires. Sony charger and cable also do not work. What is the possibile solution to get USB work again.

After reboot only for the first connection via normal USB it show charging sights, but in fact no current flow into device, tested with USB monitor 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

You guys charging with the phone being on or off state? Try switching it off and charge?