account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

One time poster
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: " Moisture detected in usb slot" xperia xz2

Hi, I have a new XZ2 and this 'moisture' issue has blocked the USB autodetect and I cannot find a way of resolving it.   THere is no moisture in it and never has been

So, I can't use OTG and can't conenct it to a  PC/Laptop to browse.

I can charge and I can use teh headphones.

Hope Sony can advise on the USB autodetect issue.

Thanks

One time poster
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Usb port

When I have my headphones in a message keeps popping up causing my music to stop saying the USB port has water in it. I'm sure it doesn't have water in it but this keeps happening so I can't play music. Is it the headphone jack thing that's broke or the phone?? 

One time poster
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Re: " Moisture detected in usb slot" xperia xz2

Istg this is happening to my phone too

Regular
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Re: Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

This looks a bit odd..., Sony need to respond with some solutions

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Re: Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

Hello everyone and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

@Meshach, does this only occur when using a wired headset and the included adapter, or is it the same when playing music through the speakers of your device?

If it only occurs when using the adapter and if you have the possibility, please try with a different adapter and see if you experience the same behaviour.

@Aldreth, when you see this pop-up message about moisture detected, is any accessory connected to the USB port, for example, a charger or a wired headset?

@anishmajoseph, did you manage to sort this out with a new adapter?

@Ellie85, thank you so much for this information.

If the included adapter is still not working correctly, I would recommend that you get in touch with a local service centre so they replace the adapter. If you don't know if there are any local service centres in your area, get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further.

@NeilWildy, could you try and connect the accessory that you are using together with the OTG adapter and then restart your device while it's still connected and see if there is any change?

@Andrew291, do you have another adapter at hand that you can try and connect to your device, or if one of your friends, family members or colleagues have one that you can connect to your device and see if you experience the same behaviour, that would be great.

@Yash_inani, when does this occur for you, is it when an accessory is connected to the USB port on your device, for example you are using a wired headset and the included adapter? Please do elaborate!

@Anirudh30981, do you experience the same behaviour? If you do, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.