account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Missed Call text message notification

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Missed Call text message notification

Hi There, 

Is there anyway to turn off the automatic text that I receive when I miss a call? I originally thought it was my network provider that sends them, but after speaking to them they recommend asking Sony. So please help, it's really annoying.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Missed Call text message notification

The phone doesn't send you a text message when you've missed a call, at least mine doesn't and I never came across such a setting. The phone only gives you a notification regarding the missed call in the status bar. 

I get a text message when I've missed a call and someone's spoken to the mailbox, this message is clearly coming from my network provider.

I think your message does also come from your network provider. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Missed Call text message notification

Hi @P_O_G, welcome to our forum!

As @skycamefalling wrote, the device will not send a SMS on it's own when you have a missed call and you will only receive a notification that you have a missed call.

I get an SMS each time someone calls me and reaches the voicemail, but this SMS is sent from my operator, not from the device itself. In my case, the number that I call to reach the voicemail is the same number as the message is sent from, so it's easy for me to see where it's coming from.

If your operator can temporarily disable the voicemail, you can easily see if it sent from there by calling the device and not picking up.

Keep us posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.