account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging wallpapers ?

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Messaging wallpapers ?

I Just got my xperia xz2 and noticed i cant change my text message  wallpaper, I do hope they fix this or am I missing something? Also keyboard is way to small for man's fingers 😪 

5 REPLIES 5
Learner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Messaging wallpapers ?

I have the keyboard size etc sorted but still want the option to have text messaging wallpapers!

Commissioner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I don't have the XZ2, but I am currently using the XZ Premium (running a similar Oreo). From my use with Sony devices... in the past the message system never had an option for edit wallpaper.

Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

It was the z5 premium I had, and in the text message screen (where you send a message and view received ones. It said in the settings at top right, "change wallpaper" which I could change the plain white background to any picture in my gallery. Was a really nice feature to have. Albeit a minor one. 

Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

True, as it's an Android device and we should be all about personal customization. The days of the G1.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

yeah the reason is xperia z5P has xperia massaging app. but in xperia XZP or other new phones comes with android massaging app. that's the problem. android massaging app there is no option to change the text wallpaper. but we can install xperia one. but in my XZP after install and several time ago it shows massaging stop working like crashing error. 

i don't know about the others.