account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How can i save videos/images to sd card via default ?

Talent
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

How can i save videos/images to sd card via default ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Also how can I view what I have on my sd card as I'm new to oreo 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: How can i save videos/images to sd card via default ?

@SDR-1970

To save to your SD card by default: Open the Camera app -> tap on the cog-wheel icon (Settings) in the bottom-left corner -> Data storage -> SD card.

To view what you have on your SD card, you can use any file manager (Like File Commander or ES Explorer).

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Talent
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. Will I be able to download videos online and save them on to my sd card as well going by the method you suggested? 

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@SDR-1970

No, this is for automatically saving captured videos and photos by the camera app to the SD card.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Okay, but is there another way I would be able to save videos that I download onto my sd card at all? 

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@SDR-1970

This depends on the app you are using to download. If the app has such a setting, then it's possible. If not, then, unfortunately, there's no global setting to do so.

Talent
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank you Quester. I installed es explorer like you suggested earlier regarding accessing files etc from sd card  After having installed explorer earlier and accessed explorer I retrieved all my videos etc that was on sd card. Now I have just gone into Sony video player and they have disappeared. 

Even when I go into settings - storage all I see is info on internal storage and nothing relating to my sd card. Could you tell me what I need to do exactly, so I can retrieve content on sd card and what I need to do so when I go into settings - storage the option of internal and sd storage shows?

Many thanks